QuickBooks desktop payroll feature allows users to print and process paychecks, filing taxes, free direct deposit service and many more. Just like every other software, users need to update QuickBooks and payroll. Sometimes, while downloading the update, users get ‘Unable to update QuickBooks error 15222.’ The QuickBooks payroll update error 15222 usually occurs due to incorrect internet explorer settings. To get detailed information on ‘updating QB gives maintenance release error 15222, ’continue reading the blog till the end.
If you are getting QuickBooks error 15222 and want to fix it right away, then get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks error 15222?
The error occurs due to the following reasons:
- Partial or corrupt installation due to network issues.
- QuickBooks payroll subscription has been expired.
- The digital signature feature is not working.
Let’s proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error 15222
Following are the two most effective troubleshooting methods to fix the error:
Method 1. Reinstall digital signature certificate
Here are the steps to install a digital signature certificate:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Search for exe file in Windows. Its location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click the exe file, and choose Properties.
- Click the Digital Signature
- Select Intuit, Inc.from the signature list.
- Click Details.
- From the Digital Signature Details window, click View Certificate.
- Next, go to the Certificatewindow and click Install Certificate.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Restart the computer and reopen QuickBooks.
- Try to download the update again.
If you still get the error, move on to the next method.
Method 2. Download the latest update of QuickBooks
Follow the steps given below to update QuickBooks manually:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click on its icon.
- Choose the Run as administrator
- When the No Company Open screen appears, go to the Helpmenu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Options
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Move to the Update Nowtab and mark the Reset Update
- To start the download, click on Get Updates.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop after installation completes.
- Click Yes to start the installation.
- Restart your computer.
We tried our best to help you fix QuickBooks error 15222. If the issue persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.